Saturday, April 24, 2010

Carnegie shortlist 2010

I'm absolutely thrilled to say that "The Vanishing of Katharina Linden" is on the shortlist for the 2010 CILIP Carnegie medal!
Here's a list of all the shortlisted books:
CHAINS by Laurie Halse Anderson
THE GRAVEYARD BOOK by Neil Gaiman
THE VANISHING OF KATHARINA LINDEN by Helen Grant
ROWAN THE STRANGE by Julie Hearn
THE ASK AND THE ANSWER by Patrick Ness
NATION by Terry Pratchett
FEVER CRUMB by Philip Reeve
REVOLVER by Marcus Sedgwick
It's a super-strong list and I'm really pleased that my book is on it. I wish I could say that I and my family had rushed out last night for a champagne celebration, but we had already arranged to take a horde of kids to the local pool in Overijse and then to McDonald's!!! So I'll be saving the champagne for the launch of my second book next month - of which more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment