Wednesday, June 16, 2010

No pretzels, but lots of Swedish apple cake!








I did the first of three Carnegie shadowing scheme-related school visits today, at Stanchester Community School in Stoke sub Hamdon, Somerset. I'm pictured here with staff and pupils (some from Heathfield School), including the super Mr.Guy (group photo, at the back, right-ish, in front of the window) who invited me to the school, organised everything and even baked the utterly delicious Swedish apple cake! There was utterly delicious chocolate cake too but that was all scoffed up before I had finished speaking! It was brilliant to meet such a motivated, intelligent and (joy!) attentive audience. I guess any shadowing group is bound to be a self-selecting group of book-lovers and this was no exception. If everyone I talked to baked such delicious cakes I would be a very happy author, though perhaps a somewhat larger one...






No comments:

Post a Comment