Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Calling book lovers in Belgium!

I posted a while ago about my upcoming book launch in Belgium and I'm pleased to say that I have all the details now!
NB There are going to be launch events in the UK too - details on those to follow!

As I have mentioned before on this blog, my new book, Silent Saturday, is named after Stille Zaterdag, the day after Good Friday, when the church bells in Flanders supposedly fly away to Rome to collect Easter eggs for the children! The opening scene takes place on Silent Saturday.
For that reason, it seemed like a great idea to be in Belgium on the weekend of Silent Saturday itself, which is 30th March 2013, to launch the book.

Here's where I'll be:


Waterstone's in Brussels (address: Boulevard Adolphe Maxlaan 71-75, B-1000 Brussels, tel. 00 32 2 219 2708) on Saturday 30th March 2013 (Stille Zaterdag!) from 15.00h.

Treasure Trove Books in Tervuren (address: Brusselsesteenweg 7, 3080 Tervuren, tel. 00 32 2 767 7476) on Sunday 31st March 2013 from 12.00h to 15.00h.

If you're a book lover based in Belgium, I'd love to see you! I'll be signing copies of Silent Saturday and I'll also be chatting to readers, so if you want to ask anything about the book or its inspiration, please do. The locations of the book include Montgomery and central Brussels, Tervuren (including Tervuren Park) and Oudergem, and you'll also recognise De Lijn buses, the number 44 tram and other well-loved aspects of life in Belgium! 



Above: Treasure Trove Books in Tervuren, where I'll be on Sunday 31st March. 


Above: a previous author event at Treasure Trove. 






No comments:

Post a Comment